Common Lawn Problems
Sir Walter is a tough lawn that rarely suffers from any insect, pest or disease problems. In fact most Sir Walter lawn enquiries result in poor soil, low or no fertiliser or a lack of water. So if you find that your turf is not performing in the growing season do the following before contacting your grower.
Fertilise your lawn with 40g per square metre with Sir Walter Lawn Food or similar and water in until the lawn becomes soft. Repeat deep watering once per week for 6 weeks. Always pick a small area of about 1 square metre and apply twice the amount of fertiliser and water this area as a benchmark.
Here is another great tip for you, have a look and see if your lawn is growing better underneath a tap or close to a water source, if it is that probably means that your whole lawn needs more water. Also if it is greener or generally looking better next to your garden beds, it could be that fertiliser and nutrients are leeching from the garden beds into the turf and that would indicate that all of your lawn probably needs a good fertilising.
Ensure that your lawn has at least 100mm of good soil underneath it, if not top dressing may be necessary.Once all these steps have been followed and at least 6 weeks of this treatment has been applied then it’s time to contact us for more help.
If your lawn is not looking too flash in winter, it probably means you haven’t done the right thing in autumn to give it the legs to get through the colder months. If that is the case just wait until spring comes around and the weather warms up and you can get back into your full lawn care maintenance program.
Naturally if you notice an invasion of grubs or insects, immediate action will be required to deal with them.
You may also like:
- Watering your Sir Walter Lawn
- Long Term Watering
- Waterwise Facts
- Spring Lawn Care
- Get rid of those lawn weeds – broad leaf spray
- Lawn Disesases
- Sir Walter Lawn and Weed Resistance
- Has Your Lawn got Lawn Grubs or Army Worms?
- Creating and Maintaining a Beautiful Lawn in Autumn
- Winter colour in your Sir Walter lawn
- When should I fertilise my lawn?
- Mowing your Sir Walter Lawn – Height Matters!
- How to fertilise your lawn / lawn mowing & feeding (Video)
- Lawn Care Products (video)
- How to feed your lawn (video)
- Controlling lawn weeds (video)
- Winter Lawn Problems (video)
- Army Worm Eradication (video)
- When to fertilise your lawn (video)
- Lawn Lovers Lawn Rescue (video)
- Lawn Lovers Lawn Soaker (video)
- Lime & Gypsum (video)