To keep your Sir Walter in peak condition you will need regular applications of fertiliser. Healthy deep rooted lawns are better equipped to deal with stress, maintain their winter colour and prevent the germination of weeds.
When laying you should always use a starter fertiliser such as Sir Launcher, then approximately 6-8 weeks after installation we recommend using Sir Walter Premium Lawn Food at 25grams per square metre. Then as an ongoing guide, fertilise your lawn with Sir Walter Lawn Food at the start of spring, middle of summer and autumn.When it is raining it is the perfect opportunity to get out your Sir Walter fertiliser, because you don’t have to water it in, you are saving water and your grass will love you for it! You can spread by hand or with a fertiliser spreader.
As a benchmark feed one small section of about 1 square metre with twice the amount that you apply to the rest of your lawn and water that in well too. If the rest of your lawn looses colour and this area retains its colour, it is telling you that it is time to feed again.So don’t forget regular applications of Sir Walter Premium Lawn Food will give you a nice healthy lawn all year round.
You may also like:
- Spring Lawn Care
- Has Your Lawn got Lawn Grubs or Army Worms?
- When should I fertilise my lawn?
- How to fertilise your lawn / lawn mowing & feeding (Video)
- How to feed your lawn (video)
- Lawn Care Products (video)
- Common Lawn Problems (video)
- Lawn Lovers Lawn Rescue (video)
- Ultimate Starter Fertiliser with Tim Shaw (video)
- Get your Lawn Ready for Winter